Jr. Predators Achieve advancements
In the midst of all the challenges brought about by competing in a season during a pandemic, it has been a major year with numerous accomplishments as a team and for individuals. T1EHL congratulates the 2 Jr. Predators that have committed to play NCAA ice hockey for various programs, as well as the 12 athletes making their Tier I and Tier II junior hockey debut.
The program has flourished on the ice at various age levels and has allowed much team success. For the second-straight season, the 18U Preds nabbed the Southeast District Championship, qualified for the USA Hockey National Championship, as did 16U, and saw a historic first for the organization where the 14U, 16U, and 18U teams all made it to the semifinals in the Tier I Elite League Playoffs. During that tournament, the 18U team would sweep the competition and be victorious in winning the Tier I Elite Championship. As the 18U boys carried a 23-game winning streak this season their triumphs have echoed as a squad but have seen notable individual achievements as well.
“The development of the players last season was unprecedented and hopefully will become an annual standard here,” said Steve Jennings, former Tier I Director and 18U AAA Head Coach, now serving as the Head Coach for the Aberdeen Wings (NAHL). “It was tremendously rewarding to see the culmination of the boys’ dedication – the first ever Tier 1 Elite League Championship and monumental player advancement make this a year that will be hard to replicate. I believe the staff and players are in place this year to see a similar performance!”
T1EHL and the Nashville Jr. Predators would like to recognize the following athletes and congratulate them on their accomplishments.
- Cam Briere (2005): Committed to University of Nebraska-Omaha (NCAA DI)
- Ethan Fredericks (2004): Committed to Northeastern University/Des Moines Buccaneers (USHL)
- Cannon Lentz (2004): Janesville Jets (NAHL)
- Landry Schmuck (2003): Aberdeen Wings (NAHL)
- Jared Kaplowitz (2003): Springfield Jr. Blues (NAHL)
- Tommy Chunchukov (2003): Amarillo Wranglers (NAHL)
- Hayden Nichol (2003): Shreveport (NAHL)& Drafted by Waterloo Blackhawks (USHL)
- Trevor Faucher (2003): Carded by Pembroke Lumberkings (CCHL)
- Logan Sadler (2002): Amarillo Wranglers (NAHL) & Tender to New Hampshire Monarchs NCDC
- Ethan Roberts (2002): Springfield Jr. Blues (NAHL)
- Parks Wallace (2002): Aberdeen Wings (NAHL)
- Ben Edwards (2002): Draft to Anchorage, NCDC Tender
- Hudson Nadasdi (2002): NCDC Tender, Northern Cyclones
This article originally appeared on the Jr. Predators site. You can find it here: https://www.jrpredators.com/news/jr-predators-flourish-as-athletes-achieve-advancements/