15 Players with Ties to Jr. Ducks Headed to Play Junior Hockey
T1EHL congratulates the 15 players with ties to the Jr. Ducks headed to play play junior hockey this coming season.
The group includes 12 who played for the club during the 2021-22 season. Nine played for the 18U AAA team, and the other three played 16U AAA.
Three players are headed to the United States Hockey League (USHL). They include:
- Forward Christian Kim, a 2005 birth year who committed to Michigan State this season. Kim, who had 176 points, including 71 goals, in 81 16U games, will play at Tri-City. Kim will be joined by forward Trevor Connolly, a 2006 who is the son of longtime Jr. Ducks coach Scott Connolly. Trevor played with the club through 12U AAA.
- Forward Ty Henricks, a 2005 who committed to Western Michigan, will play at Fargo. Henricks had 155 points, including 87 goals, in 80 16U games.
Five more players are headed to the British Columbia Hockey League (BCHL). They include:
Defensemen Kyle Isenberg, Lucas Marshall, Lukas McCloskey and Michael Shara, as well as forward Jason Stefanek.
Isenberg, a 2004 who committed to Air Force, will play at Merritt along with Shara, a 2003 who played 14U with the Jr. Ducks and OCHC. Isenberg had 50 points in 58 games for the 18Us this past season and is Merritt’s only Division I commit heading into the upcoming season.
Marshall (2004), McCloskey (2005) and Stefanek (2004) will play at Wenatchee. Marshall had 30 points in 58 games for the 18Us. McCloskey had 16 points in 30 games for the 16Us. Stefanek, a Dartmouth commit, played with the Jr. Ducks through 14U AAA.
Forward Luke Baker, who led the 18Us with 74 points and 30 goals in 57 games, will return to North Iowa of the North American Hockey League (NAHL). Baker, a 2004, played six games for the Bulls during two call-ups last season.
Six other 18U teammates will join him in various junior leagues. They include:
- Center Nathan Croteau (2003), who had 36 points (20 goals) in 57 games, is headed to Winkler of the Manitoba Junior Hockey League (MJHL).
- Defenseman Alec Guerrero (2004), who had nine points in 58 games, will play for OCN of the MJHL.
- Forward Bobby Doukov (2003), who had 35 points in 58 games, is going to Olds of the Alberta Junior Hockey League. Doukov will be joined there by defenseman Antonio Baldassarre (2004) at Olds. Baldassarre had 16 points in 53 games.
- Forward Andrew Scott (2004) and forward-defenseman Ben Sherman (2003) are headed to the Northern Ontario Junior Hockey League (NOJHL). Scott, who had 19 point in 55 games is going to Pawassan, while Sherman, who had 7 points in 41 contests, will play for Cochrane.
“That’s the goal every year, to develop these players and prepare them for success at the next level,” said 18U AAA coach August Aiken. “It’s great to see all these players making the jump to Tier 2 Junior A hockey.
“All these players have a bright future ahead of them.”
T1EHL is proud of all of its players who continue to advance in the ranks of hockey. Where can you go from here? Everywhere.